Medical Receptionist Float Pool
- PRIMARY FUNCTION
- Greeter, instructs, directs and schedules patients and visitors. Serves as a liaison between patient and medical support staff.
- ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
- PERFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS
- High School Diploma or equivalent
Licensure: Upon hire, and for the duration of the employment period driver’s license must be active and valid
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to learn & practice Pediatric Associate procedures, policies and protocols. Requires proficient grammar, spelling and verbal skills to communicate with patient, providers and staff in written documents. Ability to read, comprehend, follow oral and written instructions. Interact effectively, supportively with staff & maintain a professional working relation. Provide excellent customer service; greet & receive patients/ visitors in a professional and friendly manner. Maintain professional and excellent phone skills & etiquette, must be able to speak clearly and concise. Use good judgment & maintain patient confidentiality. Must be able to file alpha and numerically. Requires experience in using a computer system, scanner, printer, fax etc.
- Prefer one year work experience in a medical office setting. Knowledge of computer and medical terminology desired.
Adhere to all organizational information security policies and protect all sensitive information including but not limited to ePHI and PHI in accordance with organizational policy, Federal, State, and local regulations.