PRIMARY FUNCTION: Greets, instructs, directs and schedules patients and visitors, serves as a liaison between patient and medical support staff.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB: (This list may not include all of the duties that may be assigned).
- Answer incoming calls in a courteous & professional manner.
- Screen calls
- Receive and convey messages electronically, in writing and verbally
- Schedule appointments according to office scheduling policies.
- Greet patients & visitors in a prompt, courteous and helpful manner & direct to the appropriate area.
- Assist with chart retrieval, set up new patient chart/EHR chart.
- Ensure lab results, physician’s reports, day sheets are properly placed
- Scan, upload and distribute chart documents in document manager
- Check-in/Check-out patients in a timely manner.
- Mark patients accordingly in Patient Tracking System
- Follow PA policy related to cashier functions
- Check balances and credits
- Collect co-pay and/or payments according to insurance plan
- Verify Insurance.
- Ability to update medical record and computer system with new information.
- Post charges and payments.
- Match procedures with correct diagnosis
- Reconcile charges & payments
- Complete referral authorization requests & provide patients with referral information.
- Sort and deliver mail, medical records and other correspondence.
- Maintain work area and lobby in neat and orderly manner.
- Participate in staff & educational meetings.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS: Working in a professional medical office environment. The position involves high & frequent call volumes. Environment requires ability to multi-task, communicate clearly & concise, data entry for extended period of times. May require sitting or standing for long periods, including stooping, bending & stretching for files and supplies. Requires, occasional lifting of files and boxes weighing up to 50 pounds. Requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, type at 35 wpm, operate calculator, copier, and such other office equipment as necessary.
Adhere to all organizational information security policies and protect all sensitive information including but not limited to ePHI and PHI in accordance with organizational policy, Federal, State, and local regulations.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent.
Experience: Prefer one year work experience in a medical office setting. Knowledge of computer and medical terminology desired.
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: 2875