Greeter, instructs, directs and schedules patients and visitors. Serves as a liaison between patient and medical support staff.
* ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
This list may not include all of the duties that may be assigned.
1.Answer incoming calls in a courteous & professional manner
- Screen calls
- Receive and convey messages electronically, in writing and verbally
2.Schedule appointments according to office scheduling policies
3.Greet patients & visitors in a prompt, courteous and helpful manner & direct to the appropriate area
4.Assist with chart retrieval, set up new patient chart/ EHR chart
- Ensure lab results, physician’s reports, day sheets are properly placed
- Scan, upload and distribute chart documents in document manager
5.Check-in/ Check-out patients in a timely manner
- Print debit tickets
- Mark patients accordingly in Patient Tracking System
- Follow PA policy related to cashier functions
- Check balances and credits
- Collect co-pay and/or payments according to insurance plan
- Discuss & interpret patient balance information within the guidelines of Pediatric Associates collection policy.
- Ability to update medical record and computer system with new information
7.Post charges and payments
- Match procedures with correct diagnosis
- Reconcile charges & payments
8. Complete referral authorization requests & provide patients with referral information
9. Sort and deliver mail, medical records and other correspondence
10. Maintain work area and lobby in neat and orderly manner
11. Participate in staff & educational meetings
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent. Prefer bilingual, English/Creole or English/Spanish.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: Ability to learn & practice Pediatric Associate procedures, policies and protocols. Requires proficient grammar, spelling and verbal skills to communicate with patient, providers and staff in written documents. Ability to read, comprehend, follow oral and written instructions. Interact effectively, supportively with staff & maintain a professional working relation. Provide excellent customer service; greet & receive patients/ visitors in a professional and friendly manner. Maintain professional and excellent phone skills & etiquette, must be able to speak clearly and concise. Use good judgment & maintain patient confidentiality. Must be able to file alpha and numerically. Requires experience in using a computer system, scanner, printer, fax etc.
Experience: Prefer one year work experience in a medical office setting. Knowledge of computer and medical terminology desired.
Adhere to all organizational information security policies and protect all sensitive information including but not limited to ePHI and PHI in accordance with organizational policy, Federal, State, and local regulations.