Medical Records-Deletion Assistant
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Reports to the Compliance/Privacy Manager
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:Working in a business office environment. Involves telephone contact interaction with managers, providers or attorneys. May require sitting for long periods. Requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, type at 35 wpm, operate calculator, copier, and such other office equipment as necessary. Must be able to communicate clearly both written and verbally. It is necessary to view and type on computer screens for long periods and to work in a high volume environment.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
(This list may not include all of the duties that may be assigned.)
- Process between 60 to 65 medical records deletion requests from the offices daily
- Upload between 10 to 20 CD’s into the EHR for new patients daily
- Report HIPAA Privacy Breaches daily to the Compliance Manager
- Maintain deletion log of records
- Upload/Fax and scan medical records received from outside providers and hospitals to the offices
- Maintain the medical records legal bin
- Maintain medical records operations by following policies and procedures
- Maintain the medical records bin for Jacksonville, Tampa Bay and other assigned offices
- Maintain/Track/coordinate records of subpoenas, deposition and submit invoices for payment to law firms
- Maintain the subpoena, deposition and W9 log
- Ensure compliance with Billing related complaints in ethics Point
- Regularly communicate with Compliance manager, health care team members and other health care professionals to obtain additional information regarding medical record requests.
- Prepare the monthly Medical Records Report for Leadership and assist the Compliance Manager upon requests
- Clerk assembles patients’ health information request and ensuring all release of medical records are documented properly and prior authorizations are obtained
- Some travel is required to appear in court with a paper version or CD of the medical record when requested.
- Must be detail oriented, organized and maintaining patient confidentiality as all times.
- This job requires someone who can work across department lines with professionalism.
- Other Duties and tasks as assigned by the Compliance Manager
Education:Health Information Management (HIM) Certificate or Medical Records experience, with in-depth knowledge of the processes, maintenance and review of medical records.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:Strong computer skills is a must, word, excel and willingness to learn new software.
Experience:Prefer one to three years work experience.
The foregoing description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature of level of the job.
I have read the above job description and my supervisor has discussed it with me and I understand the responsibilities of the job for which I have been hired. I acknowledge that I have assumed responsibility for carrying out these tasks to the best of my ability and accordance with company policies.