Patient Account Representative
- PRIMARY FUNCTION
- Take incoming and make outbound calls to assist with patient account balances.
- ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
- This list may not include all of the duties that may be assigned.
- Reviews accounts via computer
- Identifies delinquent accounts, aging period and payment sources.
- Performs collection actions including contacting patients by telephone.
- Evaluates patients’ financial status and establishes budget payment plans.
- Contacts patient collection accounts in an effort to collect payment
- Identifies and resolves patient billing complaints
- Updates returned mail to correct addresses
- Resolves billing disputes by collecting payments and refunding patient credits.
- Other various duties as assigned, including cross training in other functional areas.
- PERFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- None. *Upon hire, and for the duration of the employment period driver’s license must be active and valid*
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of billing and collection policies and procedures, all types of insurance (HMO, PPO, POS, Medicaid etc.) Skill in defining problems, interpreting billing information. Ability to communicate effectively and clearly.
- Two years of customer service experience in a medical environment preferred.
Adhere to all organizational information security policies and protect all sensitive information including but not limited to ePHI and PHI in accordance with organizational policy, Federal, State, and local regulations.