Under the direction of CBO Manager, this position is responsible for ensuring patient statements are reviewed and submitted timely and to respond to patient inquiries regarding billing issues.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Review patient accounts daily prior to mailing statements to ensure patient balance is accurate.
* Submit statements daily.
* Review, print and mail collection letters.
* Collect outstanding balances rom patients.
* Create payment plans.
* Review accounts for possible refunds.
* Post refund checks to patient accounts.
* Post credit card payments to patient accounts.
* Provide clinical support when they have questions regarding patient balances.
* Answer incoming calls.
* All other duties.
* Minimum High School diploma or GED equivalent.
* Been able to operate any office equipment such as fax, scanner and copier.
* 2 years minimum in a Healthcare organization, family practice experience preferred.
* Analytical - Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
* Design - Demonstrates attention to detail.
* Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
* Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
* Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
* Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions.
* Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Able to read and interpret written information.
* Teamwork - Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
* Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
* Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
* Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time.
* Motivation - Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
* Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Sets goals and objectives.
* Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
* Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality.
* Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Strives to increase productivity.
* Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
* Attendance/Punctuality - Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
* Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.
* Initiative - Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities.
* Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
Physical demands and work environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.