PRIMARY FUNCTION: Works A/R unpaid accounts by contacting patients and or insurance companies.
REPORTS TO: Reports directly to the Revenue Cycle Manager.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB: (This list may not include all of the duties that may be assigned.)
- Performs collection actions including contacting patients by telephone.
- Inputs or updates insurance information when appropriate.
- Works mail correspondence.
- Works collection pool denials / clearing house rejections daily.
- Works ad-hoc AR reports as assigned by Manager.
- Works special projects as a assigned by Manager.
- Verifies insurance eligibility / PCP / patient benefits to reconcile denied claims.
- Processes appeals to insurance.
- Assists other groups within department on incoming patient calls when necessary.
- Other various duties as assigned, including cross training in other functional areas.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS: Working in a professional office environment. The position involves high & frequent call volumes. Environment requires ability to multi-task, communicate clearly & concise, data entry for extended period of times. Will require sitting for long periods of time.
Adhere to all organizational information security policies and protect all sensitive information including but not limited to ePHI and PHI in accordance with organizational policy, Federal, State, and local regulations.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
Experience: Three years of insurance/collection experience in a medical environment preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: Knowledge of billing and collection policies and procedures, all types of insurance (HMO, PPO, POS, Medicaid etc.) Skill in defining problems, collection of data, interpreting billing information. Ability to communicate effectively and clearly.
*Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 is required unless approved for a personal, medical or religious exemption.