Patient Contact Center Rep
- PRIMARY FUNCTION
- Answer incoming calls from our patients to provide outstanding customer service in support of our mission, goals and values.
- ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
- This list may not include all of the duties that may be assigned.
- Answer incoming calls by welcoming patients with a professional, upbeat, friendly attitude.
- Follow prepared scripts based on call type.
- Register new patients by gathering pertinent information and entering into XPM system.
- Verify insurance coverage and information.
- Set patient appointments upon request and identify future visits.
- Document accurately and efficiently within all systems (XPM, CRM, EHR).
- Document all questions and messages for Clinicians and label them properly using our telephone communication access protocol.
- Data entry and maintenance of customer data bases.
- Properly obtain and confirm patients/caller information abiding by HIPPA law.
- Collect all necessary and pertinent information over the phone to facilitate timely and accurate physician follow-up.
- Complete any necessary referrals requested by telephone contact for provider approval.
- Provide customers with product and service information.
- Respond to patient inquiries.
- Research required information using available resources.
- Communicate with offices when necessary.
- Handle customer complaints and other customer support related issues, and provide customers with proper solution.
- Meet established standards within all performance criteria.
- Attend any necessary training/meetings to be up to date on protocol changes and available training.
- Other duties may include, but not limited to, outbound calls, copying, faxing, etc.
Below are additional functions of the job for Patient Contact Center Representatives that will perform as clinical agents: (This list may not include all of the duties that may be assigned.)
Provide medical guidance via telephone using our telephone communication access protocol, clinical triage algorithms, and clinical judgment.
- Document all medical advice given over the phone.
- Schedule appointments using clinical prioritizing protocols and our scheduling policies.
- LPNs and Registered Nurses answer calls and questions from Patient Contact Center Representatives and have the ability to triage high acuity patients.
- PERFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS
- High School diploma or GED
- Representatives that are performing as Clinical Agents require at least one of the following licensures or certificates. MA diploma or certificate, LPN or Registered Nurse.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Prefer minimum of one year experience in a call center environment. Knowledge of XPM and CRM system desired. Familiar with automated call distribution, IVR, and skill-based routing systems. Previous customer service experience required.
Adhere to all organizational information security policies and protect all sensitive information including but not limited to ePHI and PHI in accordance with organizational policy, Federal, State, and local regulations.