Patient Contact Center - RN
- PRIMARY FUNCTION
- Provide clinical care management and triage, via telephone, essential to the assessment, promotion, maintenance and restoration of patient’s health and wellness using our telephone communication access protocol, clinical advice algorithm, and clinical judgment. Answer calls and questions from medical assistants and provide the ability to triage high acuity patients. Answer incoming calls from our patients to provide outstanding customer service in support of our mission, goals and values.
- ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
- This list may not include all of the duties that may be assigned.
- Answer incoming calls by welcoming patients with a professional, upbeat, friendly attitude.
- Follow prepared scripts based on call type.
- Register new patients by gathering pertinent information and entering into XPM system.
- Verify insurance coverage and information.
- Set patient appointments upon request and identify future visits.
- Document accurately and efficiently within all systems (XPM, CRM, EHR).
- Obtain brief summary of patients concerns and/or complaints over the phone.
- Properly obtain and confirm patients/caller information abiding to HIPPA law.
- Collect all necessary and pertinent clinical information over the phone to facilitate the timely and accurate physician follow up via phone.
- Complete prescription refills for authorization by provider.
- Provide prescription information to pharmacies using our internal resources (E.H.R refill notes/paper phone notes).
- Complete any necessary referrals requested by telephone contact for provider approval.
- Provide medical guidance using our Telephone Clinical Triage algorithm manual.
- Provide advanced screening triage for higher acuity patients.
- Document all medical questions and messages for providers and label them properly using our telephone communication access guideline/protocol.
- Document any medical advice given over the phone.
- Schedule appointments using clinical prioritizing protocols and our scheduling policies.
- Communicate with offices when necessary.
- Meet established standards within all performance criteria.
- Attend any necessary training/meetings to be up to date on protocol changes and available training.
- Other duties may include, but not limited to, outbound calls, copying, faxing, etc.
- PERFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing preferred, Associates Degree in Nursing accepted with pediatric triage experience
- RN Required
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Minimum of 1-2 years healthcare experience/Pediatric medical triage experience required. Must have strong verbal communication skills
Adhere to all organizational information security policies and protect all sensitive information including but not limited to ePHI and PHI in accordance with organizational policy, Federal, State, and local regulations.