Patient Contact Center Supervisor - Northern Loop
- PRIMARY FUNCTION
- Assists the Clinical Training and Development Manager in the supervision and training of the Clinical employees in the Patient Contact Center.
- ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
- This list may not include all of the duties that may be assigned.
- Can expertly perform all the essential job functions of a Phone M.A.
- Assists Clinical Manager with supervising the training and development of the clinical staff.
- Assists the Clinical Manager in the evaluation of the staff and remediation of areas of opportunities.
- Assists the Clinical Manager in monitoring daily time swipes, overtime and call outs.
- Assists the Clinical Manager in clinical agents phone activity (Not-Ready reports, Quality Monitoring, Score Cards, etc.)
- Functions as a "Mentor/Trainer" for new hires and clinical employees needing remediation, as needed.
- Utilizes positive and constructive management skills to build collaboration and teamwork.
- Assists with performance evaluation and provides feedback as needed.
- Uses knowledge to provide assistance and answer questions to address customer inquiries.
- Maintains a high level of expertise related to policies and procedures.
- Works independently and adapts quickly and resourcefully to changing situations and business needs.
- Maintains communication between Human Resources, department heads (PCC Director and PCC Clinical Manager) and staff regarding matters such as administrative issues/problems, maintaining departmental goals or objectives and performing departmental evaluations.
- Assists Clinical Manager with performing new hire duties such as ensuring orientation/ new hire paperwork is completed and submitted to Human Resources for employee file.
- Resolves, documents and reports any conflicts/disputes or incidents/accidents involving staff.
- Assists Clinical Manager with insuring that staff is up to date and complies with legal regulations set out by HIPAA and OSHA and follows all OSHA and Safety requirements.
- Keeps a clean, safe and organized work environment for staff.
- Attends any necessary meetings to be up to date on changes in protocol and procedures.
- Performs other various duties as assigned, including cross training in other functional areas.
- PERFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS
- High School Diploma or equivalent. Graduation from an accredited practical/technical school of nursing or college.
- L.P.N. or R.N. or M/A with certification and 1-3 years of work experience
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
* Knowledge of XPM/EHR and Contact Recorder desired.
* Familiar with automated call distribution, IVR, and skill-based routing systems
* Must have strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
* Experience with coaching and mentoring employees.
* Demonstrates ability to work well in a team environment.
* Strong multi-tasking skills.
* Attention to detail, accuracy and timeliness are critical.
* General PC knowledge including Microsoft Office, Internet and Email
- Prefer one to three years of phone triage experience. Knowledge of computers expected.
Adhere to all organizational information security policies and protect all sensitive information including but not limited to ePHI and PHI in accordance with organizational policy, Federal, State, and local regulations.