FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Pediatric Associates is a patient focused practice. Our goal is to offer the best experience for our patients at all times. The primary functions of the Patient Outreach Coordinator is to contact patients, parents and/or guardian to schedule appropriate visits depending on patient needs. Our team is focused on promoting good health through yearly well visits and care gap closures.
REPORTS TO: Reports directly to the Senior Patient Outreach Manager.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB: (This list may not include all of the duties that may be assigned.)
The Patient Outreach Coordinator is responsible for:
- Utilizing appropriate customer service skills in all encounters with patients, parent and/or guardian, professional contacts and employees.
- Using strong communication skills and phone presentation during all interactions.
- Contacting patients, parent and or guardian to schedule appropriate visits to meet specific patient needs.
- Reviewing charts to identify care gaps that will need to be addressed during the visit.
- Registering patients in the practice management system with enter the most up to date demographics.
- Verifying patient insurance using designated websites.
- Scheduling and coordinating appointments in the practice management scheduling module.
- Protecting patient information under HIPAA laws.
- Receiving and conveying messages electronically.
- Working the assigned list of patients who are in need of outreach and successfully scheduling appointments to close gaps in care.
- Reconciling vaccines and reviewing patient charts to ensure records are accurate at time of visit.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Must have a home work-space conducive to HIPAA standards (will be HIPAA trained).
- Dexterity sufficient to operate a PC and other office equipment.
- Requires extended periods of sitting.
- Good visual acuity through normal or corrected vision
- Good hearing acuity.
- Ability to be able to navigate various applications and function in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to lift and transport up to 25 pounds.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to make a large volume of quality outbound calls per work session.
- Adhere to all organizational information security policies and protect all sensitive information including but not limited to ePHI and PHI in accordance with organizational policy, Federal, State, and local regulations.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent
Preferred: Graduation from an accredited Medical Assistant or Nursing Program.
Licensure/Certification Preferred: Registered or Certified Medical Assistant, Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) or higher nursing licensure.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in patient engagement, patient advocacy, and/or patient outreach.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience with patient scheduling
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a medical office
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Proficient working on the computer with excellent typing skills.
- Ability to use different computer applications such as: Electronic Health Records, spreadsheets, word documents, electronic mail, and additional systems as needed.
- Ability to prioritize workload, work independently, organize and complete assigned tasks accurately and in a timely manner.
- Demonstrated skills in effective written and verbal communication.
- Follow a defined list of tasks and complete them in a timely fashion.
- Follow established policies and procedures
- Be a team player.
- Ability to multitask, move from one assigned task to another with ease.
The foregoing description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature of level of the job.