- PRIMARY FUNCTION
- Responsible for posting related activities of a clerical and mathematical nature; posts payments and document collection problems.
- ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
- This list may not include all of the duties that may be assigned.
- Applies insurance and patient payments to line items services for assigned locations. Verifies checks against totals on summary transmittals.
- Posts insurance payments from EOB’s against appropriate line-item services, enters adjustments as indicated.
- Ensures payments/ adjustments are posted in accordance with EOB’s and patient checks.
- Identifies and communicates payment/denial trends to Team Leader and Manager.
- Provides data for follow up with insurance companies and patients regarding balances due.
- Resolves any un-postable payments.
- Enters and processes refunds.
- Reviews payment batches/EOB’s to assure proper payments and adjustments are posted and batch is in balance.
- Follows batch review process to ensure proper payment posting action was taken and remaining balance is in the proper financial responsibility.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- PERFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS
- High school diploma or equivalent.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of billing and collection policies and procedures, all types of insurance (HMO, PPO, POS, Medicaid etc.) Skill in defining problems, collection of data, interpreting billing information. Ability to communicate effectively and clearly.
Adhere to all organizational information security policies and protect all sensitive information including but not limited to ePHI and PHI in accordance with organizational policy, Federal, State, and local regulations.