Performs a variety of complex HR functions in the preparation, processing, maintenance, verification and reconciliation of payroll/benefit records and payment of funds audited as well as performs related duties as required. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB: (This list may not include all of the duties that may be assigned.)
- Analysis and validation of payroll processing results using ADP system reports.
- Performs audits of data prior to payroll completion and follows all established controls.
- Complete post payroll audits and reporting, prepare metrics and track errors.
- Analyzing root cause and corrective and preventative actions (CAPAs).
- Research, analyze and retrieve data to prepare and maintain complex payroll records, summaries and reports; reconcile differences within established payroll, benefit, and retirement using critical analysis skills.
- Interpret, explain and comply with negotiated contracts, prescribed laws, rules, regulations, and procedures; monitor, audit, reconcile, and balance a variety of data and transactions.
- Perform mathematical computations quickly and accurately.
- Identify and correct errors: create spreadsheets and other related forms, reports and documents; use independent judgment to maintain statistical records.
- Apply documented policies, procedures, and instructions on an independent level.
- Develop and ensure internal controls and processes in payroll and benefits are being followed.
- Effectively identify problems as they occur and take appropriate steps to resolve.
- Creates and maintains a database to organize, collect and retrieve data into required reporting formats; monitors recordkeeping procedures for accuracy; maintains mandated documents as required including salary schedules; prepares a variety of complex payroll related reports as mandated.
- Interpret State, and federal regulations; creates, disseminates, and audits payroll and benefits; uses a variety of software applications to create and design reports and spreadsheets. Prepares department correspondence and annual informative notices as directed.
- Plans and monitors work production timelines to meet strict deadlines in reporting regulations.
- Assist in the review of current payroll processes to identify areas of process improvements and standardization.
- Ability to troubleshoot payroll processing issues, run and analyze reports.
- Knowledge of multi state payroll processing.
- Support transitions in mergers, acquisitions, and divestitures.
- Respond to complex payroll related inquiries from customers or employees.
- Communicate effectively with various levels of management to ensure high level of customer support and positive employee interactions.
- Work in a team environment coordinating with other team members in the processing of payroll. Works closely with Payroll Manager and Benefit Supervisor.
- Maintain compliance with all payroll related regulatory and company requirements including effective internal controls.
Adhere to all organizational information security policies and protect all sensitive information including but not limited to ePHI and PHI in accordance with organizational policy, Federal, State, and local regulations.Education:
Associate of Arts degree required in related field. Bachelor’s degree a plus.Licensure/Certification:
*Upon hire, and for the duration of the employment period driver’s license must be active and valid.*Experience:
3-4 years of payroll experience in auditing and solid understanding of payroll knowledge and principles.Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
: Applicable laws, codes, regulations, standards, methods and practices related to payroll, retirement, and employee benefits; basic accounting principles as related to payroll processing; customer service skills, standard office practices and procedures; advanced skills in software applications related to payroll / accounting systems including Excel; principles and techniques of technical record keeping. Communicate effectively in both oral and written form; follow detailed directions; set priorities and organize work to meet deadlines; coordinate a variety of projects simultaneously; work independently and as a team member; establish and maintain cooperative working relationships within the payroll and benefits department. ADP Workforce Now experience preferred. The analyst requires expertise in complex accounting and payroll / benefit functions, general principles of accounting, auditing, and payroll, as well as significant, directly related, and progressive experience. Knowledge is applied to technical subject matter. Under direction, makes technical decisions requiring application and interpretation of data, facts, procedures, policy, and law.