Our mission is to deliver the best and most comprehensive medical services to children and their families, including pediatric Cardiology. From newborns to age 21, we strive to serve as the family’s total resource for raising healthy and happy children. With locations in Dade County to serve the South Florida community, we are looking for another passionate pediatric cardiologist to join our team. You'll have access to state-of-the-art technology and a referral base you work with on a daily basis!
For over 60 years, we've been providing only the highest quality pediatric care in our Florida communities. Founded in 1955, our very first office opened in Hollywood, Florida. Since then, we've been growing the kind of patient relationships that span entire generations. Today, with more than 40 locations across the state, we are Florida's largest privately-owned pediatric practice. We want to give you and your career the same type of care you give your patients. In fact, it's our mission: to strive for excellence and innovation in a friendly and cohesive environment. We may be a large practice, but we're personal by design, offering you the opportunity to be at the forefront of medicine, together with our well-known family of clinicians.
We are proud of our unwavering commitment to provide quality healthcare that is both affordable and accessible with on-site services, such as lab and X-ray, free support groups, chronic disease management assistance, educational and safety classes and events. Our pediatricians are on staff at most major hospitals and our practice accepts most insurance carriers.
Values Are At the Core of What We Do
At Pediatric Associates, we have a set of core values we call LOVING CARE. It informs everything we do and guides us both internally and externally.
Less Running, More Caring
Running around, worrying about the administrative side of the practice of medicine is time-consuming and often takes away from what clinicians love most: caring for children. We cover details like renewing your medical license, updating your DEA registration, and even filling out forms for hospital privileges.
A Practice, Made Perfect.
For more than 60 years, Pediatric Associates has been caring for children in Florida. Over those 60 years, we've been focused on delivering clinicians like you the support you need to do what you do best: provide medical care for children and families.
Our Onboarding is On Point.
When you choose Pediatric Associates, you're not starting a job. You're joining a family. This is why we developed a comprehensive four-week onboarding and training program. It's team-based care at its finest, designed to make you a star.
Innovation is Good Medicine
Whether you're a new graduate or an experienced hand, we believe in your professional growth. Which is why we always strive to be on the forefront of medicine. We were one of the first pediatric practices to focus on telemedicine, developing an app called KidzDocNow. We continue to be focused on creating a better patient and parent experience and a more rewarding environment for our clinicians.
In addition to competitive wages, our benefits package includes robust health, dental, vision plans, full life/accident/disability/hospitalization insurance, 401(k) with employer match, paid time off, employee assistance programs, purchasing power, corporate discounts, healthy perks, Pediatric Associates University, and more! Part Time team members are also eligible for limited medical insurance options.
Pediatric Associates University
We are curious cats at Pediatric Associates, which is why we developed our own University! Through PA University, you can grow in your career and take personal interest classes as well. In addition to the online courses that are available, we provide one-on-one training sessions, team-building workshops, management training, interpersonal and skills improvement workshops.
Education / licensure / certification:
- M.D. or D.O. degree required.
- Successful completion of an Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) or American Osteopathic Association (AOA) approved post-graduate residency, or equivalent in Pediatrics
- Current, Unrestricted license to practice medicine in the State of Florida.
- Current, Unrestricted Florida state specific DEA license
- Current Board Certification or Board eligible and certified in Pediatric Cardiology within five years of employment.
- Meets all requirements in order to obtain medical staff membership and required privileges.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification is required and Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) as required for hospital appointment.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to efficiently and effectively manage multiple clinical tasks.
- Ability and comfort to educate and coordinate with other health care professionals.
- Knowledge of all Compliance documents including but not limited to the Employee Handbook, Code of Conduct, Compliance Plan, and OSHA Binder.
- Above average communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in the use of appropriate computer software and hardware.
- Ability to perform job with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team, ensuring that other specialties are included in the healthcare plan.
- Ability to maintain quality, safety and infection control standards.
Beginning October 15, 2021, all new hires must demonstrate they are fully vaccinated for Covid-19 by their first day of employment.