PRIMARY FUNCTION: Primary duty is to provide resources in sourcing candidates for open positions and practice opportunities throughout the health system. This includes sourcing for professional providers such as physicians, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, but may include other professional clinical staff as assigned. Sourcing activities include journal advertising, Internet postings, websites, Social Media, direct mailings and telemarketing. Sourcer will coordinate activities with Physician Recruitment leadership to assure program continuity, budget oversight and effective system operation.
REPORTS TO: Reports to Physician Recruitment Leadership
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB: (This list may not include all of the duties that may be assigned.)
- In coordination with the entire recruitment team, develops effective recruitment strategies/campaigns.
- Explore new and existing web-based communication/social media outlets and potential launch and maintain these new outlets.
- Work in conjunction with the Marketing Department for ad templates and other template tools for sourcing strategy. Insert site/specialty information into templates to create marketing piece.
- Responsible for maintaining the sourcing portion of the recruitment campaign, including posting and maintaining print, online, direct mail and any other campaigns decided upon.
- Responsible for utilizing the online databases available for reaching potential candidates about our opportunities.
- Maintain an accurate internal database of candidates. Database will include pertinent professional and personal information, source of lead, contact log, linkage to potential openings, and tracking for continued follow-up.
- Participate in regular meetings with central and local recruiters to discuss and share leads throughout the system.
- Responsible for maintaining ongoing contact with the central and local physician recruiters for status reports on candidates.
- Maintain knowledge of current trends and developments in the field, continually searching for new avenues to reach potential candidate pools.
- Provide reports and statistical data from the database in cooperation with the Physician Recruitment Representative.
- Work within the operating budget for the provider recruitment cost center.
- May perform other various duties as assigned, including cross training in other functional areas.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS: Working in an office environment. Involves frequent telephone interaction. May require sitting for long periods; also stooping, bending and stretching for files and supplies. Occasionally lifting files, boxes weighing up to 50 pounds. Requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, type at 35 wpm, operate calculator, copier, and such other office equipment as necessary. Must be able to communicate clearly. It is necessary to view and type on computer screens for long periods and to work in a high volume environment. Occasional evening or weekend work.
Adhere to all organizational information security policies and protect all sensitive information including but not limited to ePHI and PHI in accordance with organizational policy, Federal, State, and local regulations.
Education: Associates Degree of higher in area of specialty or related field. Commensurate work experience may be substituted for education.
*Upon hire, and for the duration of the employment period driver’s license must be active and valid.*
Experience: Minimum three years’ experience. Healthcare sourcing experience preferred but not required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of healthcare and medical environment normally acquired through healthcare experience or completion of an Associate Degree or higher is preferred. Computer, internet and social media skills required.
- Previous related work experience necessary to interface effectively with other professionals in the recruitment process.
- Analytical ability to conduct recruitment searches.
- Ability to project positive image and high degree of professionalism.
- Must be self-motivated and strive for professional and personal growth.
- Possesses organizational skills necessary to follow through and bring "closure" on assigned responsibilities and coordinate multiple projects and assess priorities.
- Possesses the ability to "take charge" and be accountable for role responsibilities.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office required (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Professional level verbal and written communication skills.