Physician Scheduling Manager
REPORTS TO:Reports Directly to the Chief Medical Officer.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Scheduling Department personnel.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB: (This list may not include all of the duties that may be assigned.)
- Maintain strictest confidentiality.
- Effectively manage Qgenda automated scheduling system to align and meet operational scheduling needs.
- Complete QGenda automated scheduling maintenance as well as maintenance of the system with updated scheduling information, provider benefit & compensation years, and provider vacation & personal days.
- Oversees the operations of the employed provider on a daily basis to ensure accuracy and completeness of staffing, productivity, billing and all other core functions.
- Management of provider scheduling to include primary input on all education, hiring, firing, advancement and/or promotion decisions.
- Daily communication to Administrative team outlining issues/concerns and development of plan of action to address problems and make regular recommendations to Chief Medical Officer regarding process improvements in the practices.
- Primary oversight and responsibility for the essential functions of Physician Scheduling Department including, but not limited to:
- Appropriate staffing in each weekday and after-hour office.
- Appropriate staffing for hospital rounds, overnight call and weekend shareholder back-up call.
- Reconciliation and submission of all provider payroll.
- Provider status and salary changes.
- Provider FMLA.
- Provider schedule changes / spreadsheet.
- Generate all new provider schedules including system auto-population, manual system entries and final QA on all monthly schedules.
- Loading and maintenance of provider benefit & compensation year. Loading and maintenance of provider vacation and personal days.
- Primary liaison to the HR Payroll Department and department relevant application vendors.
- Assist Chief Medical Officer with generation of all Letters of Agreement for per diem clinicians.
- Assist Chief Medical Officer with generation of all Employment Agreements and Addendums for salaried clinicians.
- Maintain provider contracts and all files relevant to provider contracting, salary, annual performance reviews and status changes.
- Participate in annual and on-going clinician staff budgeting as well bi-weekly recruiting meetings.
- Evaluates and completes employee job performance evaluations in a timely and accurate manner.
Adhere to all organizational information security policies and protect all sensitive information including but not limited to ePHI and PHI in accordance with organizational policy, Federal, State, and local regulations.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in related field.
*Upon hire, and for the duration of the employment period driver’s license must be active and valid.*
Experience: 5 years’ experience in Medical Practice Scheduling Management / Supervisory.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: The ability to multi-task, plan and prioritize a large volume of detail-oriented work in accordance with changing deadlines. Advanced Excel and Outlook skills needed. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to engage at all levels of the organization.
Demonstrate a professional and adaptable demeanor with internal and external clients, including administrators, physicians, peers, and support staff. Exhibit a high energy level, and demonstrate the ability to work as a valuable contributor to the team, with flexibility in work habits to schedule and meet the needs of the Department. Must be highly motivated with the ability to work independently. Strong analytic and problem solving.