PRIMARY FUNCTION: Directly manages, develops, and provides oversight to the Document Management, Referrals, and Insurance Verification functions. Works with various platforms within the Enterprise to implement corporate consistency. Supports corporate change efforts through offering expertise around responsible departments. Ensures all regulatory and patient care requirements are supported. Leads strategic project management initiatives and drives outcomes in line with company vision
REPORTS TO: Director of Operations - Florida
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Manages employees to include evaluating and completing annual reviews. Will instruct other employees in methods or procedures, make work assignments. Incumbent will make staffing decisions and provide advice to direct reports.
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB: (This list may not include all of the duties that may be assigned.)
- Directly manages and provides oversight to the Medical Records, Document Management and Insurance Verification departments. Supports the management of the Referral Department. Hires, develops, coaches, appraises, rewards and retains a highly front office support operation department staff; motivates and mentors staff.
- Maximizes the operations of the respective departments to meet stakeholder needs that include patient families and clinicians.
- Sets performance KPI’s for all respective areas and communicates progress.
- Evaluates current workflows, reviews volume and departmental productivity to identify process improvement opportunities, determines approaches to maximize operational efficiency and creates and documents project plans to implement changes effectively. Leads change implementation for front office operations and consults with outside vendors including software developers.
- Performs as the organization’s subject matter expert on all items related to respective department functions
- Manages employees to maximize performance and job satisfaction
- Acts as a resource and partners with other managers and departments to answer questions related to front office operations policies, procedures and workflows.
- Performance outcomes is evaluated based on KPI’s which include operations efficiency in the following: office staffing levels, workflow, technology/systems used, staff learning and development needs met.
- Adhere to all organizational information security policies and protect all sensitive information including but not limited to ePHI and PHI in accordance with organizational policy, Federal, State, and local regulations.
- Adherence to safety and infection control protocols to include the ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE); as required
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
Reach above Shoulder
Lift/Carry 10 lbs. or less
Push/Pull 12 lbs. or less
Squat or kneel
Other Physical Requirements:
Sense of Sound
Sense of Touch
EDUCATION: High school diploma/GED or equivalent required. Bachelor degree preferred
*Upon hire, and for the duration of the employment period driver’s license must be active and valid.*
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of 5 years of related experience. Minimum 1 year experience as a supervisor or manager. Previous experience in a healthcare setting required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
Skills & proficiencies:
- People & conflict management
- Data processing skills & reporting skills
- Planning and organizing
- Communication skills
- Influencing and leading
- Ability to adapt to change
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of general front office Operations standards, functions, methods, techniques, practices, processes and procedures
- Understanding of regulatory standards, various local, state and federal laws that apply to the business and where to find information on standards and interpretations
- Excellent critical reasoning, decision-making, and problem-solving skills to analyze situations, determine risks, and find solutions to prevent future issues and resolve recurring defects
- Strong organizational skills and attention to details to handle multiple tasks, short deadlines, frequent interruptions, and shifting priorities in support of changing company objectives
- Strong leadership, training, written and verbal communication, and interpersonal and presentation skills to drive results
- Demonstrated computer skills, and proficiency with MS Office Suite to include advanced skills with MS Word and MS Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, plus a variety of other word-processing, spreadsheet, database, e-mail and presentation software
- Demonstrated skill and experience in full cycle training programs to include assessment, development, and facilitating learning in variety of formats such as live & online.
- Ability to create supplemental learning materials such as handouts and documented learning resources.
- This position requires use and exercise of independent judgment.