Project Manager II - ERP
PRIMARY FUNCTION: The Project Manager II - PMO is responsible for leading teams to deliver program(s) / project(s) of various complexities that span across one or more functional business areas [enterprise]. This role specifically will be responsible for the end to end implementation of an enterprise ERP solution. They will be responsible for the day-to-day development and progress of the project. They will be required to manage internal / external resources, project schedules, and budgets / financials and will need to adhere to standard project management principles throughout the duration of every initiative. This will include management of all risks / issues and project change requests to ensure delivery of a successful on-time, on budget project. He / She will also contribute to and champion any strategic planning and process improvement initiatives as they relate to improving the overall delivery of each project.
REPORTS TO: Director PMO
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILTIES: No
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB: (This list may not include all of the duties that may be assigned.)
- Project Governance and Methods - Utilize and champion best practice governance and project management tools and processes for the effective and consistent management of all projects, which should include, but not be limited to, charters, project plans, risk registry, testing and approval documentation and any other PMO standardized templates including enterprise project management software. Governance should facilitate the highest quality, while leveraging resources, and lowering portfolio risk and cost.
- Tracking & Monitoring - Utilizes and champions industry standard systems and processes to facilitate the objective reporting of projects and the portfolio against stated goals and benchmarks that monitor cost, timeliness, deliverable quality and project health; for the purpose of lowering risk, and allowing for the effective management of the portfolio and corporate resources. Assures the development of appropriate and aligned project goals and resource plans, and then monitors through and after project completion to assure stated returns on investment are achieved.
- Project Support & Execution - Provides direct and indirect support to project teams and their sponsors in the form of tools, roadmaps, coaching and training that facilitate consistent execution across the portfolio and corporate functions. Responsible for setting guidelines and expectations for all members of the project teams, with the ability to consistently influence without authority.
- Collaboration & Maturity - Plays a key role in the maturity of the PMO department. Collaborating with internal and system wide stakeholders to develop best in class processes, tools and methodologies.
- Professional Development & Team Work - Acts as a mentor and subject matter expert to junior members of the department and other individuals throughout the organization.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
Office / Desk work
Remote / Onsite
Monday - Friday
May include travel to various practice locations on an as needed basis.
- Develop and manage all aspects of an enterprise ERP program and project engagement from inception, planning, execution, monitoring, reporting, which should include external vendor relationships, change and communications, resources management, budget, change control, risks / issues tracking
- Develop, track and report on project related success criteria results, metrics, KPI’s and deployment management activities
- Work creatively collaboratively and analytically in a problem-solving environment demonstrating teamwork, innovation and excellence
- Understand and be able to effectively translate interdependencies between technology, operations and business needs
- Demonstrate a functional acumen to support how solutions will address goals while maintaining alignment with industry best practices
- Establish and continually manage project and program expectations while delegating and managing deliverables with core team members [internal and external] and business stakeholders\
- Develop materials, champion and facilitate strategic planning sessions at all levels of the organization
- Lead and support process improvement initiatives at the enterprise and functional department level
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation and presentations to various audiences, including project team, sponsors, and key stakeholders [internal and external]
- Define success criteria and disseminate to, gain buy-in from all involved parties throughout project and program life cycle.
- Develop trusted subject matter expert relationship with project and program stakeholders, sponsors and organization stakeholders
- Ability to perform multiple concurrent tasks ranging from project management to coaching other team members and functional leads on standard project management protocols
Adhere to all organizational information security policies and protect all sensitive information including but not limited to ePHI and PHI in accordance with organizational policy, Federal, State, and local regulations.
Bachelor’s Degree (B.A.) in Business, Computer Sciences, Healthcare Management required
Master’s Degree preferred
PMP certification preferred
Lean Six Sigma certification/s preferred
Membership to industry associations preferred
*Upon hire, and for the duration of the employment period driver’s license must be active and valid*
- 7 + years of program / project management work experience in a healthcare environment preferred.
- Proven experience implementing enterprise ERP solutions, preferably within a healthcare setting.
- Experience managing external consultants and contractors.
- Proven experience contributing content for SOW and other engagement related artifacts.
- 7+ years in detailed gathering, definition and/or deployment of business requirements at an enterprise level
- 5 + years of experience in enterprise strategic planning within a healthcare setting, preferred, which should include executive and functional area team facilitation sessions
- 3 + years knowledge and experience with practice integration / operations work preferred
- 3 + years in providing expertise in deploying Lean Six Sigma / Process Improvement programs and initiatives, while leading and directing teams to achieve desired results using Six Sigma methodologies.
- Extensive understanding of standard enterprise, program and project management principles, methods and techniques
- Prior experience in leading large, complex project management initiatives in a physician practice setting
- Knowledge and experience with Lean Kaizen work a plus
- Experience managing high volume operation / implementation projects simultaneously
- Strong experience scheduling, preparing and facilitating presentations and status reports to department leads and executive staff
- Demonstrated leadership skills managing projects in a matrix environment
- Superb written and oral communication skills required
- Demonstrated experience managing external vendors / consultants preferred
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to work as part of a project team
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of the following systems: PowerPoint, Excel, Microsoft Project, Smart Sheet (or similar project management tool), Visio, SharePoint, MD36.
- Collaborative, customer-focused and able to create relationships with business partners and gain stakeholder confidence
- Ability to ‘connect the dots’ regarding intra-department projects.
- Experience managing external vendors / consultants (specifically project management of initiatives related to healthcare / practice operations /data integration).
- Working knowledge of project budgets, cost and budgetary controls procedures.
- Ability to analyze workflows and make sound, logical recommendations.
- Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to lead / influence without authority.