Referral Team Leader
FLSA STATUS: NonExempt
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Trains and supervises Referral Staff
SUPERVISIORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Yes
FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB: (This list may not include all of the duties that may be assigned.)
- Coordinate coverage for referral staff as needed.
- Provide support and training for new referral coordinators.
- Keep abreast of insurance updates and requirements. Disseminate new information to staff when needed.
- Resolve referral concerns from patients and managers.
- Help develop, update and implement referral procedures when needed.
Referral Coordinator Responsibilities
- Requests for referrals will be initiated by physicians and/or staff and forwarded to the referral coordinator for processing.
- Obtain proper documentation required by insurance companies to have referral authorized; including clinical notes, lab results, consult notes.
- Obtain authorization from the insurance company using insurance websites and written authorization forms as required by insurance companies.
- Data entry of information into computer system.
- Logging of data and follow up with parent and specialist.
- Daily contact with insurance companies, specialists, hospitals and parents.
- Update processes as changes are dictated by plans and referral supervisor.
- Cover other offices when coordinator is on vacation.
Education:High school diploma or equivalent.
Experience:One year as a referral coordinator preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Knowledge of medical terminology, grammar, spelling and punctuation to type correspondence. Knowledge of insurance industry. Skills in operating a computer, fax and photocopy machine. Ability to read understand and follow oral and written instruction. Ability to sort and file materials correctly by alphabetic or numeric systems. Ability to speak clearly and concisely. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, employees and the public. Typing ability of 40 w.p.m., word processing and computer experience.