PRIMARY FUNCTION: The Regional Medical Director of Pediatric Care is responsible for oversight and improvement of the direct patient care provided in the pediatric offices. Under the direction of the Chief Medical Officer (CMO), the Regional Medical Director of Pediatric Care will directly supervise, performance manage and train physician leaders as well as the team of physicians & APP who report to them.
- The incumbent in this role is accountable for maximizing overall clinical value while engaging physicians/APP to improve clinical quality, efficiency, outcomes and physician/patient satisfaction.
- He/she will also assist the CMO in managing day-to-day clinical and business operations and building positive relationships with clinicians and key stakeholders throughout the organization.
- Working directly with the Chief Medical Officer and Medical Management to design and implement medical and quality programs/policies, evaluate opportunities for improvement, and coordinate/collaborate with the Pediatric Associates clinicians to execute on the opportunity
- Having a strong understanding of how to leverage data and clinical know-how in a fast-paced care delivery setting
REPORTS TO: Reports directly to the Chief Medical Officer
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: The Regional Medical Director of Pediatric Care will directly supervise, performance manage and train physician leaders as well as the team of physicians & APP who report to them.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB: (This list may not include all of the duties that may be assigned.)
- Demonstrates behaviors that are important to the success of the organization and that support and uphold Pediatric Associates Mission, Vision and Core Values
- Uses effective communication skills with clinicians, patients and staff. Follows proper organizational communication lines to address matters pertaining to job functions including proper reporting relationships
- Assists the Chief Medical Officer in planning and establishing goals and policies to improve quality and cost-effectiveness of care and service for patients
- Assists the Chief Medical Officer in the functioning of the physician committees including committee structure, processes, and membership
- Manages, mentors, and coaches physician leaders to be accountable for clinical outcomes and clinician team performance as it relates to patient access & satisfaction, utilization management, quality improvement activities, and high value care
- Oversees and facilitates talent development of physician leaders by shadowing/coaching, conducting 1:1 leader performance review quarterly, creating and executing leadership development plans, and implementing performance management plans as needed
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS: Working in a professional office environment. The position involves high & frequent call volumes. Environment requires ability to multi-task, communicate clearly & concise, data entry for extended period of times. Will require sitting for long periods of time.
- Active Florida medical license and good standing with the Florida Board of Medicine
- Minimum 5-years’ experience in a leadership position
- Demonstrable leadership role and achievement in a complex healthcare delivery system
- Experience in fiscal accountability and budgeting
- Knowledge and experience of quality infrastructure is needed, including how to develop and implement decision tools, clinical protocols and guidelines, leadership development programs, and outcome measurement assessments
- Needs working knowledge of statistical analysis, clinical epidemiology, and medical informatics; understanding of pediatric best practices and how to successfully introduce performance management initiatives into clinical practice
- Diplomatic & collaborative interpersonal communication, listening and presentation skills
- Experience working Experience working both independently and in a team environment in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Adhere to all organizational information security policies and protect all sensitive information including but not limited to ePHI and PHI in accordance with organizational policy, Federal, State, and local regulations.
- Current unrestricted Florida medical license as a Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine
- Pediatric Board Certified - American Board of Medical Specialties
- Active FL License or ability to obtain FL license
*Upon hire, and for the duration of the employment period driver’s license must be active and valid.*
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Customer focus - Builds strong customer relationships and delivers customer-centric solutions
- Demonstrates self-awareness - Uses a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses
- Ensures accountability - Holds self and others accountable to meet commitments
- Drives results - Consistently achieves results, even under tough circumstances
- Develops talent - Develops people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals
- Drives engagement - Creates a climate where people are motivated to do their best to help the organization achieve its objectives
- Interpersonal savvy - Relating openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people
Technical knowledge and skills
- Excellent clinical skills
- Knowledge and experience in a managed care delivery system
- Knowledge of clinical outcomes and quality improvement processes
- Experience with population risk management or complex chronic disease care management
- History of being a natural teacher to fellow clinicians
Other skills and abilities
Adhere to all organizational information security policies and protect all sensitive information including but not limited to ePHI and PHI in accordance with organizational policy, Federal, State, and local regulations.
- A mission-driven individual who can embrace and commit to Mission and Core Values
- A self-starter, results-oriented personality with an interactive style which is pleasant
- High tolerance for complex, ambiguous, and ever-shifting environments
- A philosophy of collaboration and teamwork with a demonstrable track record in forging physician/management relations
- Conflict management and resolution skills
- Good analytical skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite products, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Computer skills: Comfortable with the electronic medical record (EMR) & keyboarding
- Ability to travel locally and regionally in the course of his/her oversight work
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to build consensus and forge strong clinician/management relationships