Regional Practice Administrator
PRIMARY FUNCTION: To lead overall office operations in alignment with corporate goals and in direct collaboration with the offices leads in a dyad partnership.
REPORTS TO: Reports Directly to Director of Office Operations
SUPERVISIORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Responsible for the direct leadership and supervision of Office Managers, Clinical Manager and supports the office management team in the supervision of all office staff and their performance.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB: (This list may not include all of the duties that may be assigned.)
The Practice Administrator is responsible for managing and improving operational efficiencies within the practices, ensuring quality performance, driving growth and enhancing revenue. The administrator will oversee business planning, workflow performance, supervise Pediatric Associates staff and coordinate efforts with the Lead Physicians to target medical management, quality and productivity performance goals. Working closely with the Lead Physician the administrator will drive the vision, direct compliance as well as implement the Pediatric Associates strategic plan in support of the operating objectives and growth of the business. (This list may not include all of the duties that may be assigned.)
- Responsible for overall P&L performance of the region and individual practices assigned.
- Monitors and implements operational expenses efficiency processes and controls.
- Functions as a local or regional level administrative manager/lead resource to implement corporate initiatives targeting organizational goals and objectives.
- Implement strategies and act as a change agent to improve outcomes as needed.
- Execute, and manage performance against short, mid and long term operating plan.
- Ensure that regional practices operate with the highest level of quality health care, customer service, integrity and performance standards.
- Supervise and manage clinic staff and clinic operations.
- Review and analyze clinical, financial and operating reports and make correlating decisions based on the data presented to ensure a sustainable and profitable operation.
- Collaborate with lead clinician to assure budget performance and profitability goals are achieved.
- Plan and direct new operational procedures to obtain optimum efficiency, reduced cost and achieve favorable customer service and satisfaction.
- Serve as the administrative champion for population health management and an effective liaison to Pediatric Associates Medical Management team and our pediatric population.
- Identify and operationalize best practices to achieve operational targets.
- Review management Key Performance Indicators to identify performance opportunities and implement necessary action plans.
- Review monthly expenses report including but not limited to: Front office supplies, Medical supplies, labor and meals.
- Review daily productivity reports/dashboard.
- Identify and address access/demand gaps and staffing challenges to ensure max capacity reached.
- Review and address all over due messages.
- Review employee timecards for accuracy.
- Review weekly staffing and OT reports.
- Coordinate and complete mandatary meetings (OSHA, OEP, Management meetings, Clinician meetings).
- Review staffing report and maintain levels to max efficiency and/or budget.
- Review HEDIS reports and office performance data. Implement action plans and initiatives to achieve max performance potential.
- Responsible for tracking and coordinating QI initiatives.
- Responsible for the education, implementation and surveillance of new policies and procedures, QI initiatives and regulatory requirements (AAAHC, OSHA, etc.).
- Functions as the point of contact for Revenue Cycle Management reconciliation process and problem resolution.
- Maintain records for all licensing, credentialing and regulatory standards and requirements.
- Monitors appointment templates to ensure max access and productivity. Coordinates template modifications accordingly.
- Functions as liaison for facilities maintenance issues.
- Approves staff requisitions based on operational expenses review and budget.
- Completes Managers performance evaluations.
- Responsible for addressing Human Resources related to management staff opportunities and gaps.
- Meets regularly with Operations Director and Clinical Services Director to review organizational performance by region and individual practice performance gaps and opportunities.
- Delegates multiple day to day operational tasks by area of operation based management team competencies and job descriptions and monitors the successful completion of the delegated tasks.
- Participates in leadership team meetings and communications to provide critical practice performance evaluations and action plan ideas to improve performance.
- Leads the management teams effectively and builds and operational team at each practice site that is conducive to effective and efficient practice operations.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS: Position requires travel across assigned offices within a region and regularly scheduled meeting at the corporate office as well as meetings that may be scheduled upon request at any time. The position requires supervision of all areas of operations within an office including standing for long periods of time as well as desk work conditions.
Adhere to all organizational information security policies and protect all sensitive information including but not limited to ePHI and PHI in accordance with organizational policy, Federal, State, and local regulations.
EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or Healthcare Administration or equivalent combination of education and experience.
*Upon hire, and for the duration of the employment period driver’s license must be active and valid.*
EXPERIENCE: 5-8 years healthcare administration experience. Experience using key performance indicators (KPI’s) to drive performance at the operating unit level.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES: Proven track record in providing administrative leadership to ensure profitability and positive outcomes. Technically savvy, ideally with EMR and PM systems. Able to maintain an up to date knowledge of practice management in all corresponding areas of practice operations. Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to work collaboratively and effectively with the practice lead physicians to drive organizational goals and deliver highest quality of care while maximizing practice performance.