Regional Practice Manager
PRIMARY FUNCTION: The Regional Practice Administrator is responsible for managing and improving operational efficiencies within the practices, ensuring quality performance, driving growth and enhancing revenue. The administrator will oversee business planning, financial performance, workflow efficiency, supervise Pediatric Associates staff and coordinate efforts with the Lead Clinicians to target medical management, quality and productivity performance goals. Working closely with the Lead Clinicians the administrator will drive the vision, direct compliance as well as implement the Pediatric Associates strategic plan in support of the operating objectives and growth of the business. To lead overall office operations in alignment with corporate goals and in direct collaboration with the offices leads in a dyad partnership.
REPORTS TO: Dual reporting to Director of Office Operations and Director of Clinical Operations
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILTIES: Responsible for the direct leadership and supervision of Practice Managers and supports the office management team in the supervision of all office staff and their performance.
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
EXEMPTION CLASSIFICATION: Administrative Exemption
NAICS WORKERS COMP: Administrative Support Workers
EEO: Administrative Support Workers
PAY GRADE: Grade 16 Salary
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB: (This list may not include all of the duties that may be assigned.)
- Responsible for overall profit and loss (P&L) performance of their respective practices.
- Interdepartmental liaison for all corporate departments regarding problem resolutions.
- Plans, directs, and implements new operational procedures, action plans and quality initiatives (via management of HEDIS reports and respective practices’ KPIs) to obtain optimum efficiency, and reduced cost.
- Achieves favorable customer service, patient satisfaction and quality initiatives.
- Oversees adherence to organizational policies and procedures, OSHA, OEP, regulatory state and federal requirements, and accreditation and credentialing requirements.
- Analyzes and makes strategic decisions based on financial, staffing and operating reports. Develops action plans to meet establish KPI’s and ensures a sustainable and profitable operation.
- Serve as the collaborator with the Medical Management Team in order to meet HEDIS Quality Measures for population health management.
- Oversees vaccine management as per company policies to include safe handling and on-call responses and reporting of vaccine excursion, safe transfer, and vaccine errors.
- Meets regularly with Operations Director and Clinical Services Director to review organizational performance gaps and staffing challenges.
- Delegates multiple day to day operational tasks by area of operation based management team competencies and job descriptions and monitors the successful completion of the delegated tasks.
- Participates in leadership team meetings and communications to provide critical practice performance evaluations and action plan ideas to improve performance.
- Leads the management teams effectively and builds an operational team at each practice site that is conducive to effective and efficient practice operations.
*Non Patient Facing
Adhere to all organizational information security policies and protect all sensitive information including but not limited to ePHI and PHI in accordance with organizational policy, Federal, State, and local regulations.
Ensures that regional practices operate with the highest level of quality health care, customer service, and integrity and performance standards.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
Lift/Carry 10 lbs. or less
50% of travel
Other Physical Requirements
Sense of Sound
Sense of Touch
Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or Healthcare Administration or equivalent combination of education and experience.
*Upon hire, and for the duration of the employment period driver’s license must be active and valid.*
EXPERIENCE: Minimum 5 years of healthcare administration experience required. Experience using key performance indicators (KPI’s) to drive performance at the operating unit level.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Proven track record in providing administrative leadership to ensure profitability and positive outcomes.
- Technically savvy, ideally with EMR and PM systems.
- Able to maintain an up to date knowledge of practice management in all corresponding areas of practice operations.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively with the practice lead physicians to drive organizational goals and deliver highest quality of care while maximizing practice performance.