PRIMARY FUNCTION: Provide initial intake information in preparation for a telehealth visit with a clinician which is essential to the assessment, promotion, maintenance and restoration of patient’s health and wellness
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
REPORTS TO: Reports directly to the Director of Telehealth
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB: (This list may not include all of the duties that may be assigned.)
1. Initial greeting of the video telemedicine patient by welcoming the patients with a professional, upbeat, friendly attitude.
2. Identify if the patient has come through the proper channels to be seen via telemedicine.
3. Escalate any clinical or triage questions to the Telemedicine MA or RN the patient to ensure that we are capable of providing a telehealth visit.
4. Document appropriate intake information including but not limited to: past medical history, family history, current medications, allergies, and pharmacy information.
5. Transfer this patient to a clinician if eligible for telemedicine.
6. If not eligible, assist in scheduling this patient an appointment with their primary care clinician.
7. Document accurately and efficiently within all systems (XPM, CRM, EHR).
8. Properly obtain and confirm patient’s information abiding to HIPPA law.
9. Schedule appointments using clinical prioritizing protocols and our scheduling policies.
10. Communicate with offices when necessary.
11. Meet established standards within all performance criteria.
12. Attend any necessary training/meetings to be up to date on protocol changes and available training.
13. Other duties may include, but not limited to, outbound calls, copying, faxing, etc.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS: Working in a professional office environment initially which will transition to a work-from-home position. The position involves high & frequent patient interaction for telemedicine video visit requests. Environment requires ability to multi-task, communicate clearly & concise, data entry for extended period of times. Will require sitting for long periods of time.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent.
Experience: Minimum of 1-2 years healthcare experience/Pediatric medical triage experience preferred. Previous customer service experience required
Knowledge Skills and Abilities: Must have strong verbal communication skills.