Revenue Cycle Manager
- PRIMARY FUNCTION
- This position is responsible for planning, organizing, and managing the activities of, as well as providing leadership, to the front offices. Develops, recommends, and administers company policies and procedures related to all revenue cycle functions. Responsible for ensuring cash collections, days in accounts receivables, adherence to corporate compliance and adjustments are within established goals set for the department.
- ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
- This list may not include all of the duties that may be assigned.
- Develops internal billing and collection policies and procedures in order to meet financial goals and objectives of the RCM department.
- Takes corrective action to ensure the company’s favorable positon regarding changes created by the third party payers
- Assist with identifying and resolving outstanding patient accounts as related to capitated agreements and Medicaid FFS.
- Oversees team’s productivity audits, track problematic trends and compiles statistical data on a monthly basis
- Interviews and selects subordinate management staff necessary to meet department goals and objectives.
- Identifies services, charges, and billing methodologies that detract from the maximization of revenue reimbursement and takes steps to correct and/or communicate to the Director of RCM
- Follows up with insurance companies to ensure payment, evaluate reimbursements and make appeals when appropriate.
- Manages and is responsible for the overall satisfactory level of cash collections and days outstanding in patient receivables.
- Evaluates the performance of subordinate personnel in a timely and effective manner.
- Research and reconcile Unapplied/Misapplied payments and credit balances
- Provides reimbursement, billing, and patient disposition guidance.
- Maintain strict confidentiality in accordance with HIPPA regulations and Company policy.
- Develops and maintains appropriate communication and relationships with front office personnel and management in an efficient and effective manner.
- Hold monthly staff meetings to maintain open communication with the staff and create a work environment to foster teamwork.
- Represents the company to professional organizations and the community as necessary.
- PERFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS
- High school diploma or equivalent
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of billing and collection policies and procedures, all types of insurance (HMO, PPO, POS, Medicaid etc.). Must be an expert in capitated agreement and Medicaid FFS. Skill in defining problems, collection of data, interpreting billing information. Ability to communicate effectively and clearly. Applications utilized are: Microsoft Office, E-Medsys, Zirmed, and Payer Websites.
- Three years of supervisory or management in a medical environment preferred.
Adhere to all organizational information security policies and protect all sensitive information including but not limited to ePHI and PHI in accordance with organizational policy, Federal, State, and local regulations.