PRIMARY FUNCTION: The primary function of the Scheduler I is to monitor, review, and coordinate clinical/lab department and clinician staffing needs for Pediatric Associate Medical Offices ensuring to staff appropriately in order to meet the staffing budgets for each location.
REPORTS TO: Reports to Manager, Clinician and Staff Scheduling
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB: (This list may not include all of the duties that may be assigned.)
1. Monitors and reviews clinical department & clinician staff schedules on a daily basis for staffing vacancies and assists Practice Managers in coordinating clinical department and clinician staffing needs to ensure offices run smoothly and that clinicians have adequate coverage.
2. Makes necessary adjustments to employee's work schedules and hours as necessary [by communicating with staff, Practice Managers, & Clinicians] to ensure proper office coverage. Informs the Practice Managers in the cases of unexpected absences or schedule changes in their respective office.
3. Enters accounts and publishes current staff & clinician schedules in QGenda system. Approves or denies employee and clinician schedule change requests [such as requests to swap schedules or requests to work additional shifts] via QGenda.
4. Trains new clinical staff, clinicians and Practice Managers on how to use Qgenda system.
5. Backfill the schedule as necessary due to long term events such as FMLA and departing providers/employees; as well as short term events such as minor illness, family emergencies, jury duty, call outs, PTOs etc
6. Reviews staffing reports sent by the Practice Managers to ensure the information is accurately reflected in QGenda.
7. Identify short-staffed sessions using independent judgment determine if open opportunities are required. Make phone calls and send e-mails to obtain coverage for short staffed offices. Determine if extra pay or OT is appropriate.
8. Acts as backup to Scheduling Template Specialist to open and close templates in XPM (patient appointment scheduling system).
9. Assists with obtaining floater credentials and certification renewals.
10. On-Call Weekends include managing issues that arise in the weekend offices, handling call outs from 6:00 AM until 9:00 PM as well as monitoring XPM for a minimum of 10:00 AM until Noon to determine if any changes need to be made. Maintain availability after changes are completed
Maintains strictest confidentiality.
Adhere to all organizational information security policies and protect all sensitive information including but not limited to ePHI and PHI in accordance with organizational policy, Federal, State, and local regulations.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
* Indoor Work
* Operating Computer
* Reach Outward
* Manual Dexterity
* Reach above Shoulder
* Lift/Carry 10 lbs. or less
* Push/Pull 12 lbs. or less
* Squat or kneel
Other Physical Requirements
* Sense of Sound
* Sense of Touch
* Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
EDUCATION: High school diploma/GED or equivalent required.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum 1 year experience preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
* Knowledge of computer required.
* Must be able to multitask
* Analytical thinking
* Ability to communicate clearly with others verbally and written.
* Ability to assess emergency staffing situations and act accordingly.
* Ability to plan, prioritize, organize and direct.
* Skill in identifying problems, researching, and recommending resolutions.
* Ability to maintain effective working relationships with staff and management.
* Ability to pay extreme attention to detail
* Knowledge of computer required to include Microsoft applications such as word & outlook
Beginning October 15, 2021, all new hires must demonstrate they are fully vaccinated for Covid-19 by their first day of employment."