Scribe Training & Quality Support
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Reports directly to Scribe Training Manager.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB: (This list may not include all of the duties that may be assigned.)
- Manage patient care through an electronic environment.
- Ability to learn and appropriately apply basic medical terminology.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrate active listening skills, attention to details and able to spell accurately.]
- Capture accurate and detailed documentation of patient encounter in a timely manner.
- Communicate and interacts with patients in a professional manner.
- Read previous visits to obtain follow-up plan as needed.
- Provide prescription information to pharmacies
- Assist provider by accurately documenting patient encounter including but not limited to chief complaints, barriers to care and community resources, review of systems.Accurately document patient history detailing chronic illness, ER visits, hospitalization, significant past medical history, specialist seen and surgeries.
- Accurate documentation of patients’ allergies and OTC medications.
- Accurately documents review of system
- Complete standing orders for labs and procedures when visit and age appropriate.
- Complete any necessary referral for provider approval.
- Measure and record patients' vital signs, such as height, weight, temperature, blood pressure, pulse and respiration.
- Check to make sure that patient history is complete (i.e. immunization records, allergy to medications, health record updates, etc...).
- Prepare treatment rooms for patient examinations, keeping the rooms neat and clean.
- Assist provider with any necessary procedures (i.e. ear piercing, suture removal).
- Perform sensory screening as needed.
- Fill out any necessary paper work for patient’s i.e. (school forms, medication forms).
- Call hospitals to obtain any necessary results i.e. (lab and x-ray results)
- Explain treatment procedures, medications, diets and physicians' instructions to patients
- Keeping a clean, safe and organized work environment for patients and staff.
- Attending any necessary meetings to be up to date on changes in protocol and procedures.
- Working as a team with nursing and front office staff for optimal patient care.'
- Assisting the doctor in emergency situations.
- Having the knowledge and awareness of medications and supplies on crash cart.
- Administer immunizations and medicine injections if needed.
- Follow any OSHA and Safety requirements for rooms and documentation.
- During down time, assist with clinical duties assigned, including cross training in other functional areas.
- Complete all PA University mandatory courses by designated deadlines
- Proficient with Microsoft Office: Excel, Outlook, Word, Power Point.
- Works with the Scribe Training Manager, the Director of Clinical Operations and the Provider Development team in the development of Scribe quality improvement initiatives including but not limited to Training program development and implementation, scribe train the trainer programs, Quality audits, etc.
- Completes routine scribe quality audits and reports findings and action plans to the Scribe Training Manager and Clinical Managers for implementation.'
- Collects reviews and interprets scribe’s performance data to evaluate efficiency and quality/efficiency improvement needs.
- Completes productivity reports and provides Clinical Managers with actionable summary for performance improvement when needed.
- Assists the Scribe Training Manager with the coordination of meetings.
- Assists the Scribe Training Manager with the coordination of centralized and office trainings.'
- Maintains scribe roster and training statuses for coordination of requisition openings and clearance of new hires.
- Works with the Clinical Managers to coordinate employee requisition openings, recruitment, training coordination, and system access and equipment request for new hires.
Education:High School Diploma or equivalent. MA Diploma or Certification, Medical Doctors must have a Bachelor of Science degree in General Medicine from a regionally accredited university or equivalent.
Licensure:MA Diploma or Certification
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:Proficient electronic medical records user (EHR), great typing skills, substantial knowledge of medical terminology, EHR documentation, basic coding, immunization schedule. Proficient Microsoft Office user with great written and verbal communication skills. Project management and attention to detail abilities. Skilled in writing reports and proposing/implementing action plans Active CPR certification required.
Experience:Prefer one year work experience in a medical office setting. Knowledge of computers.