Senior Accountant - Revenue
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Assist the Controller with the revenue accounting functions including reporting of the financial operations.
REPORTS TO: Reports directory to the Controller.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB: (This list may not include all of the duties that may be assigned.)
- Prepare revenue journal entries.
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations for revenue related accounts.
- Prepare the revenue month-end package for management’s closing meetings.
- Maintain the account receivable receipts to accounts receivable posting to ensure all receipts have been posted to the appropriate accounts.
- Prepare general accounting journal entries.
- Prepare bank accounts reconciliation.
- Ensure deadlines are met in a timely manner in accordance with the month-end close calendar.
- Prepare various spreadsheets, as needed, for financial analysis and comparisons.
- Assist independent CPA audit firm in their audit and quarterly review of the financial statements.
- Assist in the compilation of the annual budget as well as regular reforecast, specifically related to the revenue areas.
- Participate in system implementations and enhancements.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS: Working in a professional office environment. The position involves high & frequent call volumes. Environment requires ability to multi-task, communicate clearly & concise, data entry for extended period of times. Will require sitting for long periods of time.
Adhere to all organizational information security policies and protect all sensitive information including but not limited to ePHI and PHI in accordance with organizational policy, Federal, State, and local regulations.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in accounting required.
Licensure/Certification: Accounting certification (CPA) is a plus
*Upon hire, and for the duration of the employment period driver’s license must be active and valid.*
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in the accounting/finance field
- Experience in the healthcare industry is preferred
- Experience with accounting and reporting software
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Strong computer skills, MS Excel in particular (managing spreadsheets, creating charts and using advanced formulas)
- Solid knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting principles, laws and regulations
- Excellent analytical skills to manage large amounts of data
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Team management skills
- Ability to prioritize work