PRIMARY FUNCTION: Actively provide analysis, design, and administration of Pediatric Associates’ compensation programs, including base pay, incentive pay, and performance management programs. Evaluates jobs, determines pay grades, participates in compensation surveys and performs data analysis. Individual will develop, implement and monitor the administration of a Long-term Incentive Plan. Individual will provide effective business partnerships, and help increase employee satisfaction through well-executed compensation programs.
REPORTS TO: Reports to the Human Resources Manager.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: none
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB: (This list may not include all of the duties that may be assigned.)
- Develop and administer compensation program across enterprise for clinician and non-clinician staff. Ensure national level consideration and scalability. Model and maintain various types of base pay programs and pay structures.
- Administer Annual Incentive Plans, Annual Merit Increases, and salary incentives based on the Salary Administration Guidelines.
- Assist with the development and continued design and maintenance of the job architecture, to include but not limited to, development of job functions, job family, job codes, and job titles. Implement job architecture within HRIS.
- Conduct extensive market analysis to research trends and compensation initiatives across healthcare industry, as well as provide support to management for performance evaluation assessments and recommendations.
- Assist with job analysis, job descriptions, and evaluation of exemption status.
- Develop and maintain career progression program, such as career ladder and succession plans.
- Develop policies and procedures to support the compensation function.
- Analyze business data, and process results to suggest changes to compensation program.
- Evaluate existing incentive plans and modify them according to business requirements and needs, as well as participate in compensation projects and annual review processes.
- Assist with compensation and performance management implementation and administer compensation system.
- Develop communication of compensation and incentives information to employees and HR staff.
- Participate in due diligence as it relates to employee compensation during mergers and acquisitions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS: Working in an office environment. Involves frequent telephone interaction. May require sitting or standing for long periods; also stooping, bending and stretching for files and supplies. Occasionally lifting files, boxes weighing up to 50 pounds. Requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, type at 35 wpm, operate projector, copier, and such other office and training equipment as necessary. Must be able to communicate clearly and present to small - large groups. It is necessary to view and type on computer screens for long periods and to work in a high volume environment.
Adhere to all organizational information security policies and protect all sensitive information including but not limited to ePHI and PHI in accordance with organizational policy, Federal, State, and local regulations.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business administration, finance, or a related field.
Licensure/Certification: CBP preferred but not required.
Experience: Three to five years of related experience.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: Experience working in a fast-paced environment with ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands. Experience contributing to corporate and department objectives and managing strategic initiatives. Proven experience of responsibility handling and corresponding about sensitive and confidential Company information.
- Solid knowledge of compensation, wage structure, and market survey/analysis.
- Ability to manage multiple and competing tasks and priorities with flexibility, ownership and reliable follow-up.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Analytical, negotiation and problem-solving skills with the ability to be resourceful and anticipate needs.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; approachable and respectful of others.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite software (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel).
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn HR systems.