Senior Staff Accountant
- PRIMARY FUNCTION
- Assist Accounting Supervisor and the Controller with the general accounting functions including reporting of the financial operations.
- ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
- This list may not include all of the duties that may be assigned.
Prepare general accounting journal entries including:
* Long term debt
* Prepaid expenses
* Intercompany * Allocations
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations for all related accounts.
- Ensure deadlines are met in a timely manner in accordance with the month-end close calendar.
- Prepare various spreadsheets, as needed, for financial analysis and comparisons.
- Assist independent CPA audit firm in their audit and quarterly review of the financial statements.
- Assist in the compilation of the annual budget as well as regular reforecast, specifically related to the revenue areas.
Participate in system implementations and enhancements.
- Maintenance of the physician/employee’s credit card portal.
- PERFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting required
- Accounting certification (CPA) is a plus
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
* Strong computer skills, MS Excel in particular (managing spreadsheets, creating charts and using advanced formulas)
* Solid knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting principles, laws and regulations
* Excellent analytical skills to manage large amounts of data
* Attention to detail and accuracy
* Team management skills
* Ability to prioritize work
* A minimum of 3 years’ experience in the accounting/finance field
* Experience in the healthcare industry is preferred
* Experience with accounting and reporting software (e.g. Sage and Prophix)
Adhere to all organizational information security policies and protect all sensitive information including but not limited to ePHI and PHI in accordance with organizational policy, Federal, State, and local regulations.