The Senior Staff Accountant is responsible for assisting with the revenue accounting functions including reporting of the financial operations. Applies principles of accounting and statistical analysis to maintain the accounting system.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This list may not include all of the duties that may be assigned.
1) Prepares revenue journal entries and monthly account reconciliations for revenue related accounts.
2) Assists with the revenue month-end package for management’s closing meetings.
3) Maintains the account receivable receipts to accounts receivable posting to ensure all receipts have been posted to the appropriate accounts.
4) Prepares general accounting journal entries and bank accounts reconciliation.
5) Ensures deadlines are met in a timely manner in accordance with the month-end close calendar.
6) Prepares spreadsheets for financial analysis and comparisons.
7) Assists independent CPA audit firm in their audit and quarterly review of the financial statements.
8) Assists in the compilation of the annual budget as well as regular reforecast, specifically related to the revenue areas.
9) Participates in system implementations and enhancements.
EDUCATION: Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required. Accounting certification (CPA) preferred.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum 3 years of experience in accounting / finance. Experience in healthcare industry preferred. Experience with accounting and reporting software preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
* Strong computer skills to include MS Excel
* Managing spreadsheets, creating charts and using advanced formulas
* Solid knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting principles, laws and regulations
* Excellent analytical skills to manage large amounts of data
* Attention to detail and accuracy
* Team management skills
* Ability to prioritize work
* Ability to multi-task
* Communicates clearly and concisely
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS
* Non-patient facing
* May be either full time remote/telework or rotate working in the office and remote/telework
* If remote, must be U.S. based
* Professional office environment
* Involves high and frequent call volume
* Data entry for extended period of times
* Will require sitting for long periods of time
OTHER PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
* Sense of Sound
* Sense of Touch
Adhere to all organizational information security policies and protect all sensitive information including but not limited to ePHI and PHI (Protected Health Information) in accordance with organizational policy, Federal, State, and local regulations.