PRIMARY FUNCTION: Responsible for the execution of plans to scale future state platforms that securely, reliably, and strategically deliver effective IT services for all regions of the organization, to include nationally, off-shore, and near-shore regions. The incumbent will develop, implement and operate information technology solutions supporting a growing business by integrating, scaling and cross-pollinating across existing and acquired practices. Plans the implementation of new systems and provides guidance to IT professionals and other staff within the organization. Oversees the technological infrastructure (networks and computer systems) in the organization to ensure optimal performance as well as directs and organizes IT-related projects. Ensures IT talent and systems meet the needs & continued growth of PA. Provides direction, leadership, guidance, and oversees all regions of IT company-wide.
REPORTS TO: CEO
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILTIES: Supervises other employees to include evaluating and completing annual evaluations. Instructs other employees in methods or procedures needed to carry out their job as well as makes work assignments. Responsible for overseeing staffing for all IT regions to include hiring, training, directing, and coaching.
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB: (This list may not include all of the duties that may be assigned.)
Strategy and Technology Solutions
- Develop, recommend and implement a road map that scales the platform to meet the company’s strategic goals. This will incorporate technology initiatives, budgets and programs that support and align with the strategic objectives and the goals of the business lines.
- Translate strategic priorities into operational reality; align communication, accountabilities, resource capabilities, internal processes, and ongoing measurement systems to ensure strategic priorities yield measurable and sustainable results.
- Ensure that PA systems are reliable, scalable, and flexible to facilitate market agility, and provide stable yet adaptive platforms for responding to ever changing variables in market conditions, legislative, and/or competitive landscapes in the healthcare industry.
- Oversee security strategy and implementation of PA systems to be protected and compliant.
Finance and Value Creation
- Provide cost effective management, rationalization and simplification of the company’s portfolio of systems and projects. Ensure business value to validate spend in both IT capital and expense budgets.
- Monitor the company’s IT budget, monitor budgetary performance, review and approve all capital expenditures and ensure budget compliance.
- Establish criteria for measuring and assessing the performance of the IT Department. This includes ensuring IT vendor performance, best practices, & level of services are met and are consistent with strategic plans and business objectives.
- Conduct on-going strategic sourcing to identify the most cost effective, efficient and appropriate utilization of internal, contracted and outsourced functions including systems, infrastructure and network facilities, operations, maintenance and support.
Processes and Continuous Improvement
- Evaluate business processes and standards around best practices to drive continuous improvement; lead IT enhancement projects leveraging off regulatory standard and industry best practices.
- Establish and enforce appropriate policies and procedures for IT and related security, vendor management and project administration.
- Lead geographically dispersed IT teams across all regions of the company. Lead gap analysis learning initiatives and oversee training development and support. Create and maintain a first-class problem resolution procedure to deliver exemplary service to both internal and external clients.
- Responsible for ensuring IT risk management and governance is aligned with corporate risk management. This includes compliance support for all government, regulatory and statutory requirements.
- Establish operating accountabilities along with project management discipline and frameworks, parameters, and priorities to maintain current system capabilities and future requirements.
Leadership, Communication and Culture
- Hire, develop, coach, appraise, reward and retain a highly qualified IT department staff; motivate and mentor IT management and staff; lead by example through appropriate participation and involvement in and oversight of IT activities; plan, provide continuity, and lead succession planning efforts for all critical IT positions.
- Assume responsibility for special projects; prepare and present reports to senior management and other members of the organization.
- Quickly assess the strengths and weaknesses of the current IT organization. Ensure that a market-leading team is in place with the skills, experience and customer orientation.
- Any other duties as assigned
- Commits to a plan based on an analysis of systemic information and consideration of resources, market drivers, and organizational values. Implements plans that require transforming IT operations, services, rationalizing multiple applications and infrastructure and delivering a secure and reliable cloud-based platform.
- Assesses IT future requirements against current platforms from an operational level and developing roadmaps and recommendations to achieve a unified set of services.
- Approves purchases of technological equipment and software and establish partnerships with IT providers
- Performance is assessed primarily on IT’s long-term strategic results achieved.
- Adhere to all organizational information security policies and protect all sensitive information including but not limited to ePHI and PHI in accordance with organizational policy, Federal, State, and local regulations.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
Use of Hands or Fingers
Reach above Shoulder
Lift/Carry 20 lbs. or less
Push/Pull 13 - 25 lbs.
Traveling- up to 15%
Other Physical Requirements
Sense of Sound
Sense of Touch
Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree required, Graduate (Master's degree or Ph.D.) preferred.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of 10 years required. Previous Healthcare experience required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Highly driven and disciplined with a strong work ethic, intelligence and business acumen.
- Demonstrated ability to translate an organization’s mission into an overall IT strategy focused on efficiently meeting client and customer needs as the basis for actionable, measurable plans.
- Combines tenacity with a sense of urgency to drive issues to closure.
- A resourceful and meticulous working style with orientation towards end results.
- Emotional intelligence and strong sense of direction in terms of goals and objectives.
- Possesses leadership competency to lead, coach and develop a team with personal qualities of resourcefulness, flexibility and integrity.
- Capable of assessing and leveraging the strengths, weaknesses and working style of team members.
- Forges strong diverse teams and delegates significant responsibilities to team members and provides appropriate level of direction and support.
Building and Leveraging Relationships
- Self-motivated and strong problem-solving experience to partner effectively across a variety of functions and locations.
- Readily connects with others and proactively solicits their views before making key decisions.
- Naturally builds effective support to move the agenda forward. Rapidly gains the respect and trust of team members and colleagues.
- Can adapt strategies to get things done within a given situation.\
- Ability to clearly and succinctly convey information and ideas with individuals and groups; communicate in a focused and compelling way that captures and holds others’ attention.
- Be personally visible to the organization; communicates key messages and listens well.
- Highly articulate and makes points in a compelling manner.
- Conveys self-confidence, positive attitude and genuine belief in the organization’s ability to succeed despite the toughest obstacles.
- Empowers his/her team to exceed expectations that are realistic yet challenging.
- Utilizes a transparent team-oriented approach and reinforces a commitment to collaboration, service, respect and excellence.