PRIMARY FUNCTION: To manage and supervise the management of all administrative and clinical areas of Specialty Practices operations.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Reports directly to the Director of Clinical Services and Director of Front Office Operations.
SUPERVISIORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Specialists Clinical and clerical staff.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB: (This list may not include all of the duties that may be assigned.)
1. To monitor, analyze and manage overall Specialty Practice operations.
2. To monitor, analyze and manage Specialty Practices performance based on established goals and objectives.
3. To monitor, analyze and manage Specialty Practices efficiency based on office wait time goals and performance.
4. To report to the Director of Front Office Operations and Director of Clinical Services of any template opportunities, productivity and/or efficiency concerns.
5. Assist the Director of Clinical Services with developing, promoting and supervising Specialty Practice clinical protocols and guidelines for the clinical support staff.
6. Assist the Director of Front Office Operations with the development, promotion and supervision of PA Specialty Practices operations policies and procedures.
7. To train and supervise the Clinical Support staff and monitor their proficiency and professional development.
8. To travel to all Specialty Practices to support and supervise the office staff proficiency and work flow efficiency and collaborate with our Clinicians to promote our efforts to achieve set goals and objectives.
9. Identify and support areas of opportunities related to patient experience.
10.To develop and/or enhance Specialty Practices training guidelines.
11.Ensure that newly promoted employees and all newly hired employees are trained appropriately per training guidelines.
12.To ensure that the Specialty Practices are compliant with all legal regulations including HIPPA and OSHA.
13.Day to day support to Managers from decentralized Specialty Practices to support and supervise operations.
14.Attends weekly Specialty Practices management meetings to provide updates and present opportunities.
15.Monitor office staffing and assists the managers to maximize staff utilization.
16.Evaluates and works towards improving office flow and staff efficiency.
17.Conducts in- office clinical trainings to support the development and continued education of the staff.
18.Assists in the development and implementation of Quality Improvement Clinical Initiatives.
19.Responsible for Infection Control team with surveillance, reinforcement and education of the office staff per PA policies.
20.Maintain communication with Director of Clinical Services, Director of Front Office Operations, Human Resources, Department Heads and Medical Staff regarding matters such as administrative issues/problems, establishing and maintaining departmental goals or objectives and performing employee/departmental evaluations.
21.Assist with new office build-outs, relocations, mergers and acquisitions including staff identification, training, office set-ups and supplies/ordering.
22.Participate in committee meetings as needed.
Education:Bachelor degree in nursing or equivalent preferred
Licensure:L.P.N., R.N. certification or MA diploma/certification.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: Ability to perform necessary vital signs for pediatrics and obtain patient histories. Knowledge of basic medical terminology, and immunization requirements for children. Ability to assess emergency situations and act accordingly. Knowledge of management and nursing organizational theory to supervise the operation of the nursing department. Knowledge of the principles and practices of employee development to train, delegate and mentor staff. Knowledge of medical safety practices and standard requirements to evaluate existing standards and implement new procedures. Ability to plan, prioritize, organize and direct the work of others. Ability to communicate clearly. Skill in developing and maintaining department quality assurance. Skill in identifying problems and researching and recommending resolutions. Skill in preparing records, writing reports and responding to correspondence. Ability to maintain effective working relationships with patients, employees and the public. Active CPR certification desired.
Experience:Prefer one to three years work experience in a specialty practice setting. Knowledge of specialty billing and coding. Knowledge of computers required.