Telehealth Triage Medical Assistant
- PRIMARY FUNCTION
- Provide triage and initial intake information in preparation for a telehealth visit with a clinician which is essential to the assessment, promotion, maintenance and restoration of patient’s health and wellness
- ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
- This list may not include all of the duties that may be assigned.
- Initial greeting of the video telemedicine patient by welcoming the patients with a professional, upbeat, friendly attitude.
- Identify if the patient has come through the proper channels to be seen via telemedicine.
- Triage the patient to ensure that we are capable of providing a telehealth visit.
- Document appropriate intake information including but not limited to: past medical history, family history, current medications, allergies, and pharmacy information.
- Transfer this patient to a clinician if eligible for telemedicine.
- If not eligible, assist in scheduling this patient an appointment with their primary care clinician.
- Document accurately and efficiently within all systems (XPM, CRM, EHR).
- Properly obtain and confirm patient’s information abiding to HIPPA law.
- Document any medical advice given over the phone.
- Schedule appointments using clinical prioritizing protocols and our scheduling policies.
- Communicate with offices when necessary.
- Meet established standards within all performance criteria.
- Attend any necessary training/meetings to be up to date on protocol changes and available training.
- Other duties may include, but not limited to, outbound calls, copying, faxing, etc.
- PERFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum of a High School Education
- Medical Assistant Certificate
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must have strong verbal communication skills
- Minimum of 1-2 years healthcare experience/Pediatric medical triage experience preferred.
Adhere to all organizational information security policies and protect all sensitive information including but not limited to ePHI and PHI in accordance with organizational policy, Federal, State, and local regulations.