Xray Lab Technician $3,000 Sign-On Bonus!
- PRIMARY FUNCTION
- Performance of all approved laboratory and x-ray procedures and testing.
- ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
- This list may not include all of the duties that may be assigned.
- Performance of diagnostic medical x-rays with x-ray processing. Understands and follows proper x-ray techniques outlined in the manual.
- Responsible for keeping a current Florida Department of Health License (RT or BMO). Keep in compliance with continuing ed. credits and renewal of license.
- Responsible for wearing dosimeter daily and following protocol for di-monthly maintenance of the dosimeter.
- Responsible for proper x-ray film filing and archiving.
- Performance of laboratory procedures in Chemistry, Hematology, Urinalysis, Serology and Microbiology.
- Perform phlebotomy: including venipuncture, finger sticks and heel sticks.
- Reviews and signs the Laboratory Policy & Procedure Manual; X-ray Policy and Procedure Manual annually. Understands and follows proper laboratory testing techniques outlined in the manuals.
- Reports laboratory and x-ray results correctly, accurately and in a timely manner to the healthcare provider; alerting the healthcare provider and following protocol for any critical or out of range values.
- Keeps the laboratory, x-ray and work area clean and in compliant with OSHA/Safety standards.
- Performance and documentation of daily/weekly/monthly quality control and instrument maintenance.
- Perform proficiency surveys, documentation and review of results in a timely manner.
- Assist the Laboratory Manager and Laboratory Supervisor with training of co-workers in lab procedures.
- Clerical duties including preparation of send out specimens, charting of results and maintaining the LIS. (Laboratory Information System).
- Maintain inventory of lab supplies, reorder and stock supplies of assigned area.
- PERFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS
- High School Diploma or equivalent. Graduation from a Radiology program.
Required license: Florida Department of Health License (RT or BMO). Florida Department of Health Certified Radiologic Technologist License and American Registry of Radiologic Technologists, or Florida Department of Health Basic Machine Operators License for X-Ray and be in Compliance with Continuing Education credits 24 credits total; 12 per year for both.
Prefer license: Medical Assistant or equivalent.
Prefer license: phlebotomist.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of diagnostic medical x-rays with x-ray processing. Knowledge of laboratory quality control requirements. Knowledge of universal precaution procedures in medical safety practices. Skilled in phlebotomy. Ability to communicate with physician staff to efficiently order testing and notify abnormal results. Ability to react calmly to stressful situations. Ability to organize tasks. Knowledge of basic medical terminology. Ability to assess emergency situations and act accordingly. Maintain effective working relationships with patients, employees and the public. Active CPR certification required.
- One year experience with x-ray. Preferred experience in laboratory procedures, phlebotomy and EHR.
Adhere to all organizational information security policies and protect all sensitive information including but not limited to ePHI and PHI in accordance with organizational policy, Federal, State, and local regulations.