Xray Lab Technician
$3000 Sign on Bonus
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Performance of diagnostic medical x-rays. Understands and follows proper x-ray techniques outlined in the manual for Pediatric Associates x-ray scope of practice. Performs laboratory-testing procedures in Chemistry, Hematology, Urinalysis, Serology, Microbiology and Spirometry. Performs phlebotomy; including venipuncture, finger sticks and heel sticks
REPORTS TO: Reports to Lab Manager
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB: (This list may not include all of the duties that may be assigned.)
1. Performance of diagnostic medical x-rays. Understands and follows proper x-ray techniques outlined in the manual for Pediatric Associates x-ray scope of practice. Responsible for reporting final Radiology Reports, including positive and critical findings.
2. Performs laboratory-testing procedures in Chemistry, Hematology, Urinalysis, Serology, Microbiology and Spirometry. Reports laboratory results correctly, accurately and in a timely manner to a healthcare clinician; alerting the healthcare clinician for any critical or out of range values. Documenting critical reports correctly.
3. Performs and documents daily/weekly/monthly quality control, including instrument maintenance. Sustains inventory of lab supplies; reorders and stocks supplies.
4. Responsible for reporting final Radiology Reports, including positive and critical findings.
Adhere to all organizational information security policies and protect all sensitive information including but not limited to ePHI and PHI in accordance with organizational policy, Federal, State, and local regulations.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
* Indoor work
* Operating computer
* Exposure to hazards
* Reach outward
* Manual Dexterity
* Reach above shoulder
* Lift/Carry 10 lbs. or less
* Squat or kneel
Other Physical Requirements
* Sense of sound
* Sense of smell
* Sense of touch
* Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
EDUCATION: Associate degree required. Graduation from a Radiology program (RT or BMO) required.
LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION: CPR required. Florida Department of Health License (RT or BMO), Florida Department of Health Certified Radiologic Technologist License and American Registry of Radiologic Technologists, or Florida Department of Health Basic Machine Operators License for X-Ray required. Phlebotomy required.
*Upon hire, and for the duration of the employment period driver’s license must be active and valid.*
EXPERIENCE: 1 year of experience with x-ray in healthcare setting required. Laboratory procedures and phlebotomy preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
* Knowledge of diagnostic medical x-rays with x-ray processing
* Knowledge of laboratory quality control requirements
* Knowledge of universal precaution procedures in medical safety practices
* Skilled in phlebotomy
* Ability to communicate and maintain effective working relationships with patients, employees and the public
* Ability to assess emergency situations and act accordingly
* Knowledge of basic medical terminology
* Ability to organize tasks.