- Performs diagnostic medical x-rays. Reports final radiology results, including positive and critical findings.
- Performs laboratory-testing procedures in Chemistry, Hematology, Urinalysis, Serology, Microbiology and Spirometry.
- Reports laboratory results to a healthcare clinician. Alerts the healthcare clinician of any critical or out of range values. Documents critical reports.
- Performs phlebotomy including venipuncture, finger sticks and heel sticks for patients ranging in age from newborn to 18 or 20 years old.
- Prepares specimens for reference lab send outs including labeling, resulting and billing information.
- Performs and documents daily/weekly/monthly quality control, including instrument maintenance.
- Maintains inventory of lab supplies; reorders and stocks supplies.
EDUCATION: Minimum Associate degree required. Graduation from a Radiology program (RT or BMO) required.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum 1 year of experience with x-ray in healthcare setting required. Laboratory procedures and phlebotomy preferred.
LICENSURE / CERTIFICATION
- CPR required
- Florida Department of Health License (RT or BMO), Florida Department of Health Certified Radiologic Technologist License and American Registry of Radiologic Technologists, or Florida Department of Health Basic Machine Operators License for X-Ray required
- Phlebotomy required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of diagnostic medical x-rays with x-ray processing
- Knowledge of laboratory quality control requirements
- Knowledge of universal precaution procedures in medical safety practices
- Skilled in phlebotomy
- Ability to communicate and maintain effective working relationships with patients, employees and the public
- Ability to assess emergency situations and act accordingly
- Knowledge of basic medical terminology
- Ability to organize tasks
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS
- Indoor work
- Operating computer
- Exposure to hazards
- Reach outward, reach above shoulder
- Manual Dexterity
- Lift/Carry 10 lbs. or less
- Sitting, walking, squat or kneel, bending
OTHER PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Sense of sound
- Sense of smell
- Sense of touch
- Ability to wear personal protective equipment (PPE)
Understands and follows proper x-ray techniques outlined in the manual for Pediatric Associates x-ray scope of practice.
Reports x-ray and laboratory results correctly, accurately and in a timely manner to healthcare clinicians.
Adhere to all organizational information security policies and protect all sensitive information including but not limited to ePHI and PHI (Protected Health Information) in accordance with organizational policy, Federal, State, and local regulations.