Performance of all approved laboratory and x-ray procedures and testing. SUPERVISION RECEIVED:
Reports directly to the Laboratory Manager. SUPERVISORTY RESPONSIBILITIES:
None. TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting patient’s, manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination. Requires standing and walking for extensive periods of time. Occasionally lifts and carries item weighing up to 50 pounds. Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range. Frequent exposure to communicable diseases or bodily fluids, toxic substances, ionizing radiation, medical preparations and other conditions common to an office environment.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB: (This list may not include all of the duties that may be assigned.)
- Performance of diagnostic medical x-rays with x-ray processing. Understands and follows proper x-ray techniques outlined in the manual.
- Responsible for keeping a current Florida Department of Health License (RT or BMO). Keep in compliance with continuing ed. credits and renewal of license.
- Responsible for wearing dosimeter daily and following protocol for di-monthly maintenance of the dosimeter.
- Responsible for proper x-ray film filing and archiving.
- Performance of laboratory procedures in Chemistry, Hematology, Urinalysis, Serology and Microbiology.
- Perform phlebotomy: including venipuncture, finger sticks and heel sticks.
- Reviews and signs the Laboratory Policy & Procedure Manual; X-ray Policy and Procedure Manual annually. Understands and follows proper laboratory testing techniques outlined in the manuals.
- Reports laboratory and x-ray results correctly, accurately and in a timely manner to the healthcare provider; alerting the healthcare provider and following protocol for any critical or out of range values.
- Keeps the laboratory, x-ray and work area clean and in compliant with OSHA/Safety standards.
- Performance and documentation of daily/weekly/monthly quality control and instrumentMaintenance.
- Perform proficiency surveys, documentation and review of results in a timely manner.
- Assist the Laboratory Manager and Laboratory Supervisor with training of co-workers in lab procedures.
- Clerical duties including preparation of send out specimens, charting of results and maintaining the LIS. (Laboratory Information System).
- Maintain inventory of lab supplies, reorder and stock supplies of assigned area.
PERFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS: Education:
High School Diploma or equivalent. Graduation from a Radiology program. Licensure:
Required license: Florida Department of Health License (RT or BMO).
Florida Department of Health Certified Radiologic Technologist License and American Registry of Radiologic Technologists, or Florida Department of Health Basic Machine Operators License for X-Ray and be in Compliance with Continuing Education credits 24 credits total; 12 per year for both.
Prefer license: Medical Assistant or equivalent.
Prefer license: phlebotomist. Experience:
One year experience with x-ray. Preferred experience in laboratory procedures, phlebotomy and EHR.